Pages

Aug 30, 2017

What Happens in Vegas

- We moved to the land of Bachelorette parties in June. We'll be here for three years to finish school but will most likely stay after. It's been hard visualizing Vegas as my home. I think it's hard to create a new home anywhere, but especially in a place with so many prostitutes. 

- There are these ratchet black birds that look like their tails went through a shredder; one literally attacked Stephen's head at the park. We hate them.

- You can speed and run red lights here, as long as you do it safely. Cops cover real crime and hourly accidents.

- We live with C's (cockroaches). C's are harmless, even though they're ugly. They sprayed and the c's are slowly dying. C's are gross, but I don't have to threaten burning down our complex when I see one. C's are hungry and thirsty like people, little bug people. I am ok with c's in my home. (I have to tell myself this every day).

- City lights are my jam. Vegas is ugly during the day, but then the sun goes down and the neon lights shimmer the night away. It's easy to find the bad when it's shoved in your face. I feel the most perspective when I drive and see the lights from far away. Added bonus: you can't see as many homeless people in the dark. 

- I've cried more this summer than if I would have dated the whole football team in high school--for reasons that won't matter in the time it takes for me to explain here. But a few weeks ago, I just stopped crying. I started putting a spoonful of faith in my morning chocolate milk and dealt with life as it came.

- I've had a lot of free time this summer and the scorching heat makes it hard to breathe outside. So, I went through spurts of temple going, embroidering, painting, puzzling, organizing, and I've cooked two meals in completion without Stephen's help. I spend a lot of time at grocery stores trying to beat the system and find the most sale items. I've consumed a lot of doughnuts. Sometimes I put a bra on. 

- Basically, we like it here. Stephen loves school and I try to keep my brain active with multiplication tables. We're figuring it out because it's ours. 

1 comment: