Pages

Dec 5, 2016

seven parts.


1. work

   “Smart” isn't really my thing, but hard work is. I worked really hard in my 9th-grade Geometry class. At the end of the year, I promised my teacher that if she would change my A- to an A then I would never get an A- again. I kept that promise for the next 4 years, proving that hard work pays off even when your ACT kind of doesn’t. 

2. quirk

   When I was a toddler, my mom made a 5-minute video of my arm twitch to show the doctor. He said I was fine. I guess this was the best-seller to a life of pacing, ankle popping, and leg shaking. 

3. daydreamer

   “In a cubicle,” as written in my sixth grade yearbook to the question, “where do you see yourself in 10 years.” With a class of future writers, NFL stars, and moms, I was the girl in the cubicle. I never knew why I wrote that. Maybe it wasn’t the idea of 8-hour work days, but 8-hour daydreams. Sometimes it’s easier to find the extraordinary when you’re in a congested world of ordinary. 

4. creator

   On creativity: “The universe buries strange jewels deep within us all, and then stands back to see if we can find them.” -Elizabeth Gilbert. And I plan to spend my whole life doing just that. 

5. indie

   Usually a black nail polish wearer; only a gray, stormy day kind of go-er; quite often an independent-type dweller; always a modern art seeker. I promise I claimed fall as my favorite season long before you did.  

6. caring

   If I hurt you, I'll cry. This usually happens through a misunderstanding, which kills me even more because it could have been avoided. I had a minor speech impediment as a kid. My mom said that even though I couldn't speak coherently, I would do everything in my power to make myself understood (a lot of made-up sign language). I will not hurt you through intention, but misunderstandings will forever be my Achilles' heel.

7. independent

   I would never classify myself as an "independent," since I usually break into Kim Kardashian crying face when I'm alone too long. HOWEVER, this somehow describes my 10% stubbornness, 8% pridefulness, and 82% mystery goo that I don't know how to describe. And yes, I used a calculator to find the last percentage.


No comments:

Post a Comment